Back again ;-) ... and... Happy Valentine's Day!
Two weeks ago, I posted a TT on words in Dutch and English that look pretty much the same. That got me thinking, why don't make a list with verbs as well? Gna gna gna... I must begin to resemble my English teacher in high school...
Plus, Since I don't feel like doing something 'romantic'...
- to work (work) = werken (werk)
- to dance (dance) = dansen (dans)
- to sing (sing) = zingen (zing)
- to go (go) = gaan (ga)
- to do (do) = doen (doe)
- to cook (cook) = koken (kook)
- to eat (eat) = eten (eet)
- to sleep (sleep) = slapen (slaap)
- to come (come) = komen (kom) --> because I'm pervy that way *g*
- to break (break) = breken (breek)
- to bring (bring) = brengen (breng)
- to miss (miss) = missen (mis)
- to wrestle (wrestle) = worstelen (worstel)
See? Dutch is easy ;-)
Perhaps now you can write a very mysterious love letter to your Valentine, in Dutch, hee hee hee...
I wonder what that would give...
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants