Sunday, November 4, 2007

A piece of Nano...

Hi everyone!

I was just working on my Nano project this morning, when I remembered that Frigga asked if I would post something of it here. So I looked if there was something that might interest you guys. I don't know if it's any good, though. I had to translate everything from Dutch to English. And yes, I know I write in English here on Pervy, but it's a whole lot different to write fiction in English too. (And yes, I know I still make a lot of mistakes I'm not aware of :P )

So cut me some slack ;-) and enjoy my horrible scribblings, hahaha.


Shaw's mouth curled up in a mocking smile. He saw how uncomfortably she felt on her feet, sunk in the soft moquette. He saw how her hands moved nervously. She didn’t know what to do with them.
But suddenly she looked right at him and Shaw seemed to freeze on the spot.
She smiled the same smile that had become his trade mark, and raised her chin. Shaw’s eyes changed to warning slits and his mouth became a tight line.
She noticed nothing of it, and even if she did, she didn’t give a damn. She continued to look at him and stepped slowly towards him. Shaw tried to halt her with his gaze, but that did not seem to bother her at all. She still approached.
She stopped right in front of him. A couple of seconds, neither spoke. Both remained silent.
Shaw refused to give in. He resembled a statue, leaning against his table and unwilling to move even a centimeter. Miss Parker stood right in front of him, and she too, refused to give in and withdraw.
They continued to stare at each other. Tension filled the air with a warm glow.
Then, her smile changed, evolved to something more. It broke through completely. Her eyes seemed to sparkle and Shaw could do nothing else but swallow and stare back at her. She seemed to know that this victory belonged to her.
Yet Shaw remained perfectly still. And as said, he resembled a statue, with his cold, tight, and by a lot of people probably described as deadly, expression. But Miss Parker smiled as if she knew something about him. A secret, a certain knowledge. She seemed to want to play with him, very much like how a cat plays with a mouse. Shaw could easily picture her with pointy ears and a tail. He almost laughed, but in place of that, he lifted his eyebrow and looked at her askingly. She seemed to want something from him, but what?
Suddenly, she shoved her hand right under his nose.
“You have a deal, My Lord. From now on, I will be your new house keeper.”



Ow god, now I'm ashamed... Blaaaah ha ha ha...

-X-
Andi

4 comments:

Unhinged said...

Bwahaha, that was the LAST thing I expected her to say...

I have a question for you, though. What is the title (and author) of your favorite ROMANCE novel? It'd better be in Dutch...

All atwtich here...

Andi said...

Well, you know, the funny thing is, almost all (romance) books I have in Dutch, are translations from English/American writers. There are really not that many Dutch writing romance authors. And if there are, I haven't found them. My favorite translated book is one from K.E. Woodiwiss.

But there is one, (rather very good), real Dutch book out there. It's called 'De Vredestichter' (or 'The Peace Maker') and is written by Chasey Porter.

My absolute favorite romance books, let's say my top 5, are:
1) 'The Lily Brand' by Sandra Schwab
2) 'Dream of me' by Lisa Cach
3) 'Secrets of a Duchess' by Kaitlin O'Riley
4) 'Lord of Scoundrels' by Loretta Chase
5) 'Dark Thirst' by Sara Reinke


:D Good enough answer to your question? ;-)

Sara Reinke said...

Awwww. You put mine on that list? You're sweet to me, Andi. :)

I really liked your excerpt. I think it's very well written and you should definitely keep going with it. Lots of palpable tension there between those two... heh heh

*hugs

Sara

Andi said...

*blushing* .... thanks Sara! And for the motivation. It keeps a girl going ;-)

*Andi*