Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Surprise!!!

Hey there!



Here I am... Wheee!
Today I have a day off from school, so I'm using my time now to talk to you guys. Isn't that sweet?


You know what else's sweet too? You'll never guess it. Never!


Never!!!!



Never, I say!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA.... *Andi going maniacal*



Okay, I'll tell... Only because you are giving me those odd looks. Stop staring at me as if you're thinking I'm wacko...



Thanks...



Well, what's the news now, you're wondering?



Sonja's getting married! MARRIED! ....Sonja!

December the 4th is D-day.

Sometimes I think the girl is batshit crazy... I mean, she's still so young (turning 21 on December 12) and marriage is so, uhm, binding...

I'm happy for her, though. She seems really happy and very much in love. It's just a pity she's not going for the 'fairy tale wedding' like she always wanted. Instead, she's going to have a simple wedding. I even had to convince her to buy a weddingdress, can you imagine!

And that makes me think about what I want, if I'm ever getting married. I think I may perhaps be a bit influenced by Disney, ha ha! Because I wouldn't want anything different than a fairy tale wedding... *sigh*
I know I'm sentimental in that way. But I'm picturing a fabulous dress, a perfect bridesgroom, white horses, church bells ringing (although I'm not really a religious type), all my family and friends, and lots of flowers... cake and guests, dance and music... candlelight and stars....

If that isn't Disney, I don't know what is...

And yes, Sonja, Stien and I used to talk to each other about how we pictured our weddingday... Perhaps Sonja just changed her mind, and decided she doesn't want to fuss about all those silly little things. To keep it simple and 'real'.

But I can't help to feel a bit sad, heh...

Oh, yeah, she asked me to be the maid of honor. Of course I accepted. But then she went and bought herself a weddingdress, without me (or anyone else) to accompany her. That's just taking all the fun away...


So now, in a couple of days, Sonja is a married woman. And I'm still feeling like a little girl inside... afraid to grow up... and getting old.

Here's a picture of the two of them. Don't you think they look a bit like a Romance Novel Clinch Cover?!


I took it a little more than a year ago, (you know, at that party in Morocco? Yes, that's that plastic grass I told you about!).


Aren't they sweet?



I'm doing their wedding pictures, by the way... So I'll see if I can sneak some pic from D-day to show you guys ;-)




Now I have to go... Still so many things to do, and so little time!




-X-
Andi!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's very exciting!! Congratulations to Sonja!!! (And I'm going to be a Maid of Honor too, but my sister hasn't set a date yet.)