Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I hate it when my mom goes shopping!

One of my mom's favorite lines, concerning me, usually sounds something like this:
"Oh, Andi, perhaps you should lose some weight?"
Always great to hear, heh?

Anyway, I guess it could be true... sometimes. I mean, I can deal with that comment. My sister, for example, she has a great body. Lean, slim and gorgeous. She can eat whatever she wants, she won't gain anything. On the contrary, she will probably loose some weight too. *roll eyes*
And that can sometimes be depressing.

But see, I'm used to that. I can deal with it. But what I really, really hate then, is when I come home and notice that my mom went shopping. I open the cupboards and see, what seems to me, tons of candy, chocolate and cookies,...
I turn to my mom, she looks at me and says: "Oh well, that's not for you, it's for your sister."

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!!! That pisses me off so much! Especially when each time she says she won't buy that much candy/chocolate anymore, she does it anyway. Each, every, single time! Bah!

And it's so unfair! I mean, I'm a vegetarian, I mostly eat healthy. My sister doesn't. It seems like she just lives on pizza and chocolate. And cookies.
I have thought many times that she should look like me, and I like her, if only judged by the things we eat...
When I'm cooking dinner, she never want's to eat it. "Eeeeewww, vegtables!!!" she likes to say.

Oh well, I'm probably whining like hell here. But this is one of the few things that can really frustrate me.

Love,
a frustrated Andi :-(

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Being skinny on the outside doesn't mean healthy on the inside. There'll come a day when her metabolism catches up to her while you'll still be looking hot! ;-)

Oh and I posted the results from my TT13 Q's about Favorites from a couple weeks back :P

Andi said...

Hehe, I suppose that's true. But let's hope for my sister it doesn't... ;-)

Sara Reinke said...

*hugs*

I know how you feel, Andi. My mom has never done that sort of thing to me, but she's never had to -- I grew up in a house with a gorgeous, tall, whip-thin sister who remains to this day, gorgeous, tall and whip-thin. And I'm...well, not. LOL Most people don't know we're sisters unless we tell them.

:) Sara

Andi said...

Haha, well... My sister and I get that comment a lot, too. That we don't look like sisters. She's the blonde one, i'm the dark one. But we do have the same smile ;-)
And almost the same voices. When our aunt calls, she always has to guess who she's talking to.

:-)