Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 8...

I went to 'Het Boekenfestijn' today. That's a book festival, somewhat like a travelling book fair. The best thing about it, is that the books are really, really cheap! Like, let's say, a dollar for a book, if you are lucky. I bought 13 items today...











The 13 books I bought today:
  1. Emma Brown, A novel from the unfinished manuscript by Charlotte Brontë, by Clare Boylan.
  2. The Legend of Holly Claus, by Brittney Ryan.
  3. The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Emmuska Orczy.
  4. If I had you, by Lynn Kurland.
  5. The Lady in Question, by Judith Laik.
  6. The House Party, by Jeanne Savery.
  7. The Duchess' Lover, by Julie Beard.
  8. The Seduction of Sarah, by Cynthia Clement.
  9. The Chase, by Cheryl Sawyer.
  10. Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell.
  11. Het karakter van katten, by Stephen Budainsky.
  12. CatTITUDE, the feline guide to being fabulous, by Kim Levin and Christine Montaquila.
  13. I am puppy, hear me yap. The ages of dog, by V. Shaff and R. Blount Jr.

Voila,

Love,
Andi :-)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


10 comments:

Rims said...

Wow thats cool you got loads of books to read and enjoy :D

Happy TT!

Samantha_K said...

Ah, that sounds like my idea of heaven. Books, books, books...I love books...
My TT's up as well.

Andi said...

Thanks, Rims! Happy TT to you too!

Samantha, it's my idea of heaven too ;-) Happy TT!

TopChamp said...

13 in a day?? I was lucky and was given a bag of books a week ago by an aunt - Am ploughing my way through now with vigour. I hope you enjoy reading these as much!

Joanne said...

$1.00 a Book?!? That is awesome! Looks like a great selection too. Happy 13. Thanks for checking out my Bushisms too.

Rebecca said...

Those sound pretty interesting - are you going to post your reviews too? Happy TT13 :P

Wakela said...

Ohh... Book fairs are dangerous to me. I try to somehow forget they exhist the weekend they come to town. I went once to the big one down in Miami. It was insane. I had to be dragged away kicking and screaming.

I love to read. Our house is filled with books and more books.

Andi said...

Topchamp, it's great to have an aunt who likes to give away books ;-)
Unfortunately, I'm the only one in the family who loves books so much. Strange, eh?
I hope you enjoy your books too!

Joanne, yeah,... long live the (up to) 90% discount! That's why I go back every (half) year :-D .
They really have loads of titles!

Frigga, I'll try to review them ;-) although the buying goes faster than the reading, he he he :-p

Wakela Runen, I know what you mean! It's so wonderful to look at all those books together... *sigh* And I would defenitely love to see that big one in Miami *drooling*. If I only had the money...

Anyway, Happy TT everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

Andi

k said...

i love book fairs! how fun!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to pig out and buy 13 books in a day! Happy TT.